Leadership and excellence in education and scientific research in the field of chemistry and its applications in the service of society and the environment.
Preparing scientific competencies in the field of chemistry to contribute to scientific, industrial, educational and economic development in the province and solve environmental problems through applied research and provide excellent educational, research and training services.
- Preparing graduates specializing in chemistry at a distinguished level in academic terms to supply the labor market in the province with the needs of specialists in various fields.
- Participating in finding solutions to the problems of the local environment and national industries through research and development.
- To be an expert by providing scientific advice to the relevant authorities, and organizing scientific seminars and advanced research workshops in various fields of chemistry.
- Keeping up with recent developments in scientific research, through regular discussion sessions and workshops to keep up with new developments in scientific research.
- Supporting the twinning between the department of chemistry at the university and the chemistry departments in local and international universities to keep up with the progress and scientific development and participate in scientific research because of its importance in raising the international classifications of our university.
- Enhance the skills of faculty, auxiliary staff and staff by holding regular discussion sessions and workshops, training courses and participating in local and international scientific seminars and conferences.
- Preparing qualified human resources to contribute to educational progress in the province in particular and in Iraq in general.
- To meet the needs of the department of faculty members by appointing its distinguished students as teachers and their scholarships for master's and doctoral degrees from distinguished universities in accordance with the future study plan of the college.
- Conduct various scientific research, link the department to society, and the surrounding environment.